Thailand travel restrictions
Last Updated:(Hong Kong)2021-01-29
From 30 June 2020, passengers who meet the following criteria are eligible to enter Thailand:
- Thai nationals
- Persons permitted or invited by the prime minister, or the head of responsible persons accountable for resolving state of emergency issues
- The spouse, parents, or children of a Thai national
- Non-Thai nationals holding a valid certificate of permanent residency, including their spouse or children
- Non-Thai nationals with a valid work permit or are allowed to work in the Kingdom, including their spouse or children
- Carriers of necessary goods, subject to immediate return after completion
- Non-Thai nationals who are student of educational institutions approved by Thai authorities, including parents or guardians of the student
- Non-Thai nationals who are in need of medical treatment in Thailand, including their attendants (Except medical treatment for COVID-19)
- Individuals in diplomatic missions, consular affairs, international organizations, government representatives, foreign government agencies working in Thailand, or individual in other international agencies as permitted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, including their spouse, parents, or children
- Non-Thai nationals who are permitted to enter the Kingdom under a special arrangement between Thai and foreign government agencies
Eligible passengers who stay more than 14 days shall comply with 14-day state quarantine requirements with own expenses; passengers who stay short term are required to take a COVID-19 real time PCR test at airport or other facilities and provide the information on their address in Thailand and subject to monitoring throughout the period of stay. Visit http://hsscovid.com/ for more information.
Eligible passengers must present the following to be allowed to board the flight:
- A certificate of entry issued by Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- A health certificate (medical certificate) certifying that they are fit to fly / travel and undetectable COVID-19 laboratory result issued within 72 hours prior to departure.
- A health insurance document of at least US$100,000 coverage in Thailand (not applicable to Thai nationals).
Foreign travellers from the above zones are also required to purchase a SIM card (or continue to use own SIM card with roaming function), install a monitoring mobile App and register with Thailand officials before leaving the airport for self-quarantine.
Hong Kong Airlines staff will perform document checks at the airport to confirm if passengers are eligible to travel to destinations with restrictions in place. Passengers without checked baggage and holding mobile or self-print boarding passes will be subject to document check before boarding.
Passengers will also be asked to declare their travel history to help us ensure eligibility to travel.
Click here for our latest ticket arrangements and other service updates.